Jennifer Lee, RCC
Take Control of Your Life. Make better life’s decisions and take control of your future with a plan designed specifically for you.
We do not enter this world with the life skills necessary to manage our emotions and effectively navigate the challenges in this life. We often believe they are implicit when this simply is not true and we suffer unnecessary pain and struggle as a result. Jennifer offers an effective approach to build these critical life-skills is practical and solution based. This methodology will help you cultivate these critical capabilities and as a result, you can heal your pain and develop a stronger sense of identity, connection and belonging.
Jennifer knows firsthand the pain of not feeling you belong and struggling to find self-acceptance. From an early age, she faced the challenges of living in a bi-cultural world. Growing up in a traditional and conservative Taiwanese household, she struggled to strike a balance between honoring her family values and thriving in Western society. This shaped Jennifer’s identity in a profound way as she learned to not only navigate two distinctly different worlds but also appreciate both perspectives. As a result, Jennifer has incredible empathy and insight about growing and healing through cultural and identity crisis. As Jennifer’s client, you will feel heard and understood.
Jennifer’s long term goal is to create change, particularly with the introduction of counselling in prisons and introduce progressive programs into our military. She is a strong believer that by tracing an individual’s ACE score (based off the Adverse Childhood Experiences study) that we can identify individuals who are more susceptible to PTSD and other trauma related illnesses. This knowledge enables us to implement the proper preventative care for these individuals and reduce the amount of mental health issues.
An avid reader and world-traveller, Jennifer is constantly adding new learning and perspectives to her therapeutic toolbox. She is a Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC) and a Certified Canadian Counsellor (CCC). She acquired her Master’s in Counselling from East Tennessee State University, where she specialized in couples and family counselling. She received her undergraduate degree in Psychology from the University of British Columbia and has a a strong interest in addiction, and have worked in the addiction field in both Canada and United States, mainly focusing on opiates and alcohol. Jennifer has also received training from the Gottman Institute in couples counselling and has her Certificate in Parent Education from the Alfred Alder Institute.
- Substance abuse
- Work related stress
Methodologies & Approaches
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Masters in Counselling, East Tennessee State University
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, University of British Columbia
- The Alfred Adler Institute – Certificate in Parent Education (April 2014)
- The Gottman Relationship Institute – Couples Therapy level 1 (2011)
- The Gottman Relationship Institute – Couples Therapy level 2 (2011)
- Veteran-Family Reintegration: An Adlerian Dialogue (May 2014)
- Understanding the Process of Reintegration for U.S. Military Families through an Adlerian Lens (May 2015)
- Understanding Trauma in the Lives of Those We Serve (October 2015)
- The Spectrum of Healing: The Kaleidoscope of Trauma (December 2015)
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member of the North American Society of Adlerian Psychology (NASAP)
Book your first session with Jennifer
Free consultation available. Call Today.