Why Neurofeedback Works When Everything Else FailsWhen Other Therapies Have Failed to Deliver Results, It’s Time to Try Neurofeedback
drug-free therapeutic technique
Your brain can easily de-regulate and cease to function optimally causing physiological and health issues ranging from lack of focus and concentration to more severe conditions (depression, anxiety, addiction, OCD, ADD, etc.). The effects can be painful, distressing and even destructive as they affect your health and everyday life. Neurofeedback (NFB), also referred to as neurotherapy, EEG biofeedback (EEGBF) or brainwave training is used by thousands of therapists in North America due to its’ profound ability to heal these conditions when other therapies have failed. A natural alternative to medication, Neurofeedback is a drug-free therapeutic technique used to support healthy functioning of the brain and central nervous system. It works to balance and restore healthy brain activity by using advanced technology to assess your brainwaves in real-time then utilizing individualized training protocols to retrain and condition your brain for optimum
It is similar to physical therapy but instead of working on a six-pack, you are working on your brain to enhance your cognitive flexibility and control. The result – after all other therapies have failed – is that you take control of your brain and finally create the life you desire.
When Other Therapies Have Failed to Deliver Results, It’s Time to Try Neurofeedback
7 Compelling Reasons Why Neurofeedback Can Transform Your Life
1.Promotes growth and change at the cellular level
2. Combines the principles of complementary medicine with the power of computer science
3. You to see real-time measurements of your brain processes as you train to control brain states for healing & growth
4. Recalibrates your brain so you can achieve optimum states of happiness, alertness, peace, serenity, energy & productivity
5. Cutting-edge, drug-free therapeutic technique that promotes self-regulation, rather than medication
6. Over 4 decades of wide-ranging success stories and the endorsement of the American Psychological Association
7. No adverse effects and non-invasive
Unlock the Mystery & Power of Your Brain With Ease – Why Neurofeedback Works
The cells in the brain resonate at different frequencies (alpha, delta, beta and theta). Due to life events – accidents, stress and trauma, etc. – these frequencies can shift into abnormal frequency ranges and uneven amplitudes. Years of clinical research have shown that aberrant brainwaves correlate with various health disorders and brain dysfunction that can seriously impact your brain function and subsequently your quality of life. This scenario in your brain is similar to an orchestra performing without a conductor; all of the individual instruments play their part but at their own volume, speed and intensity. It is extremely difficult to achieve harmony without all the parts working together to create a single, unified whole. At best, this scenario produces an unpleasant result. Likewise with your brain: it is difficult to experience a pleasing, productive life when your brainwaves are out of balance and not working as a harmonious, coordinated whole. Unfortunately, these aberrant brainwaves also correlate with numerous health disorders and can contribute to symptoms of depression, anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), attention deficit disorder (ADD), addiction, as well as a host of other unpleasant and painful conditions.
This is Where Neurofeedback Comes in…
There are high levels of neuroplasticity available in the brain which means that the brain is extraordinarily flexible and can change given the right conditions. And, Neurofeedback has proven effective to affect brainwave patterns where other modalities have failed.
Ordinarily, we cannot influence our brainwave patterns because we lack conscious awareness of them. With neurofeedback you are able to see, influence and change your brainwaves. We are able to monitor your brainwaves a few thousandths of a second after they occur, while we literally recondition and retrain your brain. You can influence your abnormal frequency ranges and uneven amplitudes, extinguishing old, unproductive or damaging patterns and develop new neuronal connections for optimal functioning. With Neurofeedback, you can create the life and experience you desire.
If You Suffer From Any of the Following Conditions, You Could be an Ideal Candidate for Neurofeedback
Thousands of therapists in North America offer Neurofeedback due to its’ profound ability to provide lasting results for a wide-range of conditions.
Neurofeedback is Ideal for…
Physiological & Health Conditions
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD)
- Attachment Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder
- Chronic Pain
- Concussion or Minor Traumatic Brain Injury (mTBI)
- Developmental Delays
- Developmental Trauma
- Learning Disabilities
- OCD and Obsessive Thinking
- PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Seizures and Epilepsy
Neurofeedback is a safe and non-invasive process and can be used to treat both children and adults. We do not perceive brain de-regulation as a disease and do not label this therapeutic protocol as a cure. Neurofeedback is simply a scientific method of displaying the areas of the brain that are exhibiting unbalanced and irregular behavior and training and conditioning the brain to correct this imbalance for optimal function and quality of life.
What you Will Experience In Your Neurofeedback Session
1. QEEB Brain MapIn our first sessions we will take a full map of your brain’s activity and function using electroencephalography (EEG). We will then carefully edit the EEG date and process it through a special EEG data base, This neurometric comparison provides information about why you may be experiencing certain symptoms based on what is happening in your brain. Depending upon your brain map, self-report assessments and your needs and goals, we will determine your ideal neurofeedback training protocol.
2. Neurofeedback Training SessionsDuring your subsequent Neurofeedback sessions, sensors are gently placed on your scalp and ear lobes. While running the training protocol (playing a neurofeedback game, listening to relaxing tones/binaural beats, etc.) the sensors measure your brainwaves as you receive instantaneous (within a few thousandths of a second) audio and visual feedback about your brainwave activity. Your brainwave patterns are relayed to the computer and recorded as you progress through the training. Your brain is continually trained by a series of feedback and rewards as optimal frequencies are established.
How Many Sessions Will You Need?Although improvement can be seen in as few at 5 – 7 sessions, it is ideal to complete 20 – 30 sessions for the best and most lasting results.
What You Will Gain from My Therapeutic Approach:
- The treatment approach that I will design for you incorporates the latest in neurological therapeutic techniques and testing that clinical research has demonstrated to be most effective.
- I will tailor a program specifically for your needs that will provide the most profound and lasting healing while getting you the most effective results as quickly as possible.
- Other techniques that compliment Neurofeedback or neurotherapy that are also available depending upon your goals and needs can include EMDR, CBT, AEDP, IFS, DBT, NLP, and Mindfulness therapy.